Print advertising is big money. That said, recent advancements in social media and web ad placement have led to concerns about the state of print advertising, especially newspaper ads, the most common and most profitable print advertising space. While the concerns are fair, newspapers have nothing to worry about, and here are 5 points that prove it.
- Newspapers reach an average of 105 million readers a week in print and digital format, making them the most consumed medium.
- Content consumers consistently mark in surveys that they trust print content and advertisement more than online content. Also, print advertisement has a lesser negative impact on the reader’s experience, since online marketing is interruptive in nature.
- Millennials are the biggest generation currently consuming content, and while they are big proponents of digital content, they actually choose print as their main source of information due to its affordability.
- While the primary point of purchase is shifting more and more towards web sales, but most purchasers continue to start their journey towards a purchase based on print advertising exposure. That means that, while the journey ends elsewhere, it is still starting predominantly with print ads.
- Local content and local economic impact are really important elements of American culture today, small communities rely heavily on local newspapers, with an average of 67% of small community residents reading the local paper at least once a week.
If you would like more great content from Publication Printers and the Publication Printers Marketing Group, click here.